Electrician - Albany Zone
Job Type: Full time
The CBH Group is an integrated grain supply chain co-operative owned and controlled by approximately 4,200 Western Australian grain growing businesses. CBH is Australia’s largest co-operative, with operations extending along the grain supply chain from storage, handling and transport to marketing and processing. Our safety vision is that everyone returns home safely at the end of each work day. We’re committed to providing a safe, healthy and productive work environment with a diverse and inclusive culture.
We are seeking a safety focused Electrician join our close-knit and hardworking team based at any of our locations in the Albany zone on a permanent full-time basis.
As an integral part of our team, you will carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on fixed and portable machinery. The role will require diagnosing and fault-finding on PLC controlled equipment, which includes but not limited to elevators and conveyors, trippers, and dust systems. You will also be required to complete basic administrative tasks that are aligned to the maintenance function.
Roster options will be discussed with individual candidates at interview stage.
Location – Albany Region
The Albany zone includes the regional centres of Katanning, Lake Grace and Jerramungup and will allow the chosen candidate to live at any of these locations to service the wider Albany region. Enjoy the relaxed lifestyle the region offers as well as having the incredible scenery of the Stirling Ranges on your doorstop and world-famous coastline attractions. For more information visit: https://www.amazingalbany.com.au/
You are passionate about working for a Co-Operative that is creating and returning value to our Growers and prioritise Safety and the overall well-being of your team.
- Possess a current WA Electrical Workers License
- Hold an unrestricted Drivers Licence, HR desirable
- Demonstrated experience in fixed plant maintenance, diagnostics and problem solving
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical
- Be willing to live in remote or regional country locations
- Work extended and unpredictable hours depending on Harvest and grain out-loading
- Work at heights, confined spaces and in areas with high grain dust concentrations
- Current hazardous area installation certification desirable
- Possession of a current High Risk Work Card, DG, CV, LF, WP or RB would be considered favourable.
To add to your success, you will have experience using a computerised management system (SAP) and the ability to diagnose mechanical problems on equipment, devise solutions and perform rectification work. In return, CBH will provide you with training, support in a proven career development pathway and opportunities with an attractive remuneration.
Benefits of working for CBH:
CBH offer a range of employee focused benefits aimed at ensuring a healthy work life balance, including:
- Ongoing training and professional development
- 13-weeks paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- CBH Superannuation Fund
- Corporate Employee discounts including travel, health insurance funds and financial services
CBH supports diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds to be a part of a friendly and inclusive work environment.
How to apply
Please submit your application via our CBH Careers website by clicking ‘Apply now’ with your up-to-date CV and copies of your tickets and licences. To find out more about working with CBH visit http://careers.cbh.com.au/ or our Linkedin. Alternatively, please contact Machiel Moolman, Superintendent - Maintenance on (08) 9845 5555.
Applications close Monday, 3 October 2022.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications are received prior.