Technical Solutions Architect, WA
Location: Australia, Perth
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we are known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our technology architecture is changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything we do. Here, that means we take innovative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired!
As a Technical Solutions Architect you will team up with a Cisco Meraki Sales team to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities for Enterprise and Public Sector in ANZ. You will utilise your in-depth knowledge of Cisco's Cloud Networking solutions to demonstrate competitive advantages over industry players to both prospective customers and partners. This position provides career development through the direct daily interaction with customers and partners, and the internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Product Development/Engineering, Technical Marketing and Sales teams.
- Become the technical sales specialist on Cisco Meraki's Cloud Networking products, features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at levels of clients (from IT Manager to CTO).
- Understand customer and partner requirements to then optimally present full stack Meraki networking solutions.
- You will conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to proposals, analyse clients’ needs, and develop technical solutions in a pre-sales environment.
- Work on strategic sales initiatives (customer outreach, Channel training, etc.) to grow business in targeted regions.
- Maintain strong interpersonal presentation and troubleshooting skills while evoking passion and confidence with your audience.
Desired skills & experience
- Solid understanding and experience in IP routing, Ethernet switching, LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, Cyber Security, TCP/IP and IoT.
- Consistent track record of 5 years + in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Prior experience in programming (APIs, Python, etc)
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field required. CCIE is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Sales cycle (MEDDIC), strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great relationship building skills, resourcefulness, resilience and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.