Central Compliance - Senior Manager/Vice President
Job Type: Full time
At Citi, our employees reflect the remarkable range of cultures and perspectives of our clients across the more than 160 countries and jurisdictions where we do business – a powerful advantage that combines global insights with deep local knowledge. We recognize that unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders have far-reaching impact and are the engines of new ideas. It’s our willingness to embrace the richness of our diverse teams, ideas and possibilities that drives our growth and progress.
What progress will you make?
Our Independent Compliance Risk Management team enables Citi’s compliance with laws, regulations and policies at all times to ensure we’re acting as a trusted partner to our clients, regulators, shareholders and society. The team oversees Citi’s Anti-Bribery, Anti-Money Laundering, Conduct Risk and Sanctions efforts, as well as U.S. Political Activities.
We’re currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as a Central Compliance Senior Manager. This role serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
In this role, you’re expected to:
- Support key enterprise functions such as Finance, Risk, HR, Legal from an compliance advisory perspective.
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain best-in-class Compliance programs, frameworks, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translate ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs.
- Provide oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identify and assess Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitor adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Perform complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partner, collaborate and work with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas and implement regulatory change.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Additional duties as assigned.
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills;
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized;
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging;
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level;
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local laws and regulations, international and industry standards;
- Advanced knowledge in areas of focus.
- Legal qualification and global bank work experience desirable but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 10 years’ experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 200,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact.
Take the next step to progress, apply for this role at Citi today.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting