Senior Contracts Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for a challenging, interesting and rewarding step in your career?
Clough has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator to join our team! Supporting our Lombrum Project in PNG from our Brisbane office, you will be a vital member in a well-oiled and supportive team.
Our Senior Contracts Administrator is an essential project member ensuring cost effective and timely delivery of our subcontractors while minimising risk to our business.
Who we are
We are a pioneering company. At Clough, we harness our people’s innovative thinking through engineering and construction solutions to deliver a sustainable future today. We work with clients across the infrastructure, resources and energy industries.
Who you are
Courageous. Motivated. Curious. Passionate. Creative. These are just a few words that describe you.
Your focus will include:
- Partner with Project team to provide contract advice, resolve contractual and commercial problems
- Educate project team to understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Sub-contractor performance management to contract deliverables
- Evaluation of commercial requirement for subcontractor prequalification and review project budget and ensure adequate allocation to subcontracts
- Provide input to cost control and forecasting of final cost at completion position for assigned subcontracts
- Preparation of all claims and variations for the adjustment of compensation and time under the assigned subcontracts
- Management and resolution of all claims with subcontractors / suppliers in accordance with Contract Formation and Administration Operating Standards
- Review and certification of subcontractor's progress payment claims in accordance with the timeframes under the relevant subcontract
- Prepare various management reports and monthly financial reports
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role preferable within the engineering, resourcing or construction industry
- Experience managing subcontracts within lump sum projects or projects which require extensive management of performance and delivery risk
- Strong Commercial notice drafting skills and highly analytical
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and applying time management and prioritisation skills to deliver the desired outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of commercial agreement administration and management of subcontractors
- Exposure and practical application of Risk Assurance and commercial risk evaluation
- Familiar with infrastructure projects AUD$100M or more
- Degree in Business, Commerce or Law preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in identifying process improvements, developing and / or implement processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and preferable experience using Oracle and Prism
We have created an environment that brings out the best in our people. Clough’s people enjoy industry leading benefits such as:
- Ongoing training for career progression
- Industry leading paid parental leave program from the day you join
- Mental health and wellbeing programs
- A competitive remuneration package
- Employee assistance program for employees and their families
- Special offers on health insurance, salary packaging, banking, travel, groceries and more
We’re building a diverse workforce
At Clough, we are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities in which we work and live. To us, workplace diversity means creating an inclusive environment that accepts every person, embraces their differences, and provides opportunities for all to achieve their full potential.
We are a certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by WGEA, a partner with Pride in Diversity, a recognised employer of choice by WORK180, a signatory of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and an active member of CEOs for Gender Equity and Champions for Change Coalition. We strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are delivering some of Australia’s most exciting and pioneering projects across the energy, resources and infrastructure industries, so if you’re driven and keen, apply now!
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed for shortlisting. Should your application be shortlisted we will contact you.
Please note: Clough reserves the right to commence the shortlisting process for this role immediately and the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date. Agency submissions will not be considered for this position.