Commercial Transformation Manager
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Contract/temp
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
We’re one of Australia’s most iconic and trusted businesses. With over 120,000 people working across more than 2,500 retail outlets, we provide fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor, and fuel to millions of people every week. We’re proud of our top 30 listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). But we’re even prouder of the way we support our team, suppliers, and the broader community – making life easier for each other and our customers.
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Commercial Transformation Manager who can bring their proven experience in supporting strategy development and add value at this exciting time!
You will manage the overall governance on the Smarter Selling Program including the monthly ELT reporting on key initiatives and scorecard update. This role will also see you perform commercial evaluation on key transformation project activity and emerging business opportunities. You will also manage the new monthly board reporting for key projects. Please note this is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
- Lead high quality quantitative and qualitative analysis to solve complex, strategic problems across transformation activity and new business
- Collaborate with external experts to bring new thinking to Coles on current strategic and new smarter selling opportunities
- Lead the commercial development and planning of Smarter Selling 2.0
- Partner with transformation leaders to understand issues to target to create and provide exception reporting
- Evaluate the smarter selling program for F23 which will include Board and CEO updates
About you and your skills:
You will have a proven track record in supporting strategy development, with exceptional financial evaluation and modelling skills.
- Strong planning, facilitation, organisational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with varied senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present at the highest level
- Experience working in consulting and/or analyst roles in large, complex, fast moving commercial businesses
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 66354
Employment Type: Fixed Term