Finance Business Partner FP&A - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Finance makes it easier for us to win together as a business. Our team works side-by-side with every other team to help bring commercial thinking into what they do and make moves that support our strategic business decisions.
We offer good work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation benefits. We have an empowering and inclusive culture with open and effective management providing career stability.
About the role
The Liquor Finance team plays a key role in optimising the financial performance of the Liquor business and supporting the Liquor business execute its strategy. The team is responsible for partnering with all areas of the Liquor business to monitor, analyse, and understand financial performance, whilst aligning stakeholders to influence and drive improved outcomes over time.
Further, you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead planning & reporting processes for the consolidated Liquor P&L, working in a collaborative manner with key stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the Liquor Finance team through period-end, including close of actuals, regular reporting & forecasting deliverables, and tracking of P&L risks and opportunities (R&O’s) and profit improvement plans.
- Execute analysis and commentary to support and explain key variances in consolidated P&L / EBIT results, delivering clear and concise reports to senior management.
- Lead the 5-Year Corporate Plan process and the Annual Budget process for Liquor financials, including communicating across the Liquor Finance team to ensure alignment on process requirements and schedule, and co-ordinating across the team to ensure process outputs are delivered on-time and on-spec.
- Own and continuously improve financial processes that revolve around the consolidated Liquor P&L, including cost recording, planning, and reporting.
- Support and implement system and process change programs across Liquor and Coles Group.
About you and your skills
As Finance Business Partner, you possess excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, with the ability to hold stakeholders and the business to account for delivering performance objectives.
You’ll have a strong commercial acumen, be a passionate, people focused and strategically driven professional with demonstrated experience leading large finance teams. And you thrive on a challenge!
Ideally, you’d also have:
- Minimum 6 years finance experience post qualification
- Proven track record of leading business planning and reporting processes in a high paced environment
- Proven track record of delivering timely and accurate business analysis and insight that has shaped business decision making
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise multiple and conflicting demands, delivering required outcomes under time and resource pressure
- Proven ability to work successfully, collaboratively, and supportively within a team of peers
- Tertiary qualified with CPA/CA or equivalent
- Highly organised and able to adapt to changing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident presenter
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Capable of developing and promoting teamwork, being persuasive, approachable, and able to delegate effectively
- Strong work ethic with high energy and results orientated
- Strong IT / systems skills would be advantageous, including SAP and TM1
- Previous Retail or FMCG experience would be advantageous
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 65649
Employment Type: Full time