Optimisation and Inventory Manager
Location: Wetherill Park
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
The engine room of our business, our Central Operations team keeps us moving and delivering our services to all Australians. We empower and support our retail teams across the country, helping them deliver great experiences for our customers every single day.
In partnership with Ocado we are in the process of delivering a brand new state-of-the-art customer fulfilment centre in NSW. Harnessing the latest technology this site will offer a wider range to our customers and safter, cleaner environment for our staff. As this site ramps up we have an opportunity for an experienced Optimisation and Inventory Manager to join the team
About the role
You will be responsible for leading the inventory and engineering teams to optimise the inventory and fulfilment process. Identifying solutions across our brand new customer fulfilment centre to optimise availability and deliver a best in class service to our customers. You will also:
- lead inventory and fulfilment to achieve KPIs on safety, customer service, cost and delivery
- drive a continuous improvement culture across the site and be a champion for innovation as the site develops
- collaborate and influence key stakeholders across operations design, head of CFC and head of customer delivery, to deliver a cohesive optimisation strategy
- drive a customer focused culture across all departments of the operation ensuring Coles Online customers receive ‘the perfect order’ each time.
- be a champion for safety and lead an operational safety-first culture
About you and your skills
We’re looking for an experienced inventory leader who has had exposure to an automated DC, with a passion for developing processes and growing a continuous improvement culture. You will also need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- experience in DC or ecommerce fulfillment operations, with accountability for driving safety, financial & operational performance. Including optimising inventory quality and availability outcomes.
- ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment, whilst ensuring key deliverables are met
- ability to utilise key financial data and operational metrics to drive performance improvements and outcomes
- have a clear vision of the change strategy that is delivered with a high degree of energy and passion
- have a passion for people, engaging teams and developing team members
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 66351
Employment Type: Full time