Customer Delivery Manager
Location: Wetherill Park
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
The engine room of our business, our Central Operations team keeps us moving and delivering our services to all Australians. We empower and support our retail teams across the country, helping them deliver great experiences for our customers every single day.
In partnership with Ocado we are in the process of delivering a brand new state-of-the-art customer fulfilment centre in NSW. Harnessing the latest technology this site will offer a wider range to our customers and safter, cleaner environment for our staff. As this site ramps up we have an opportunity for an experienced Customer Delivery Manager to join the team
About the role
You will be responsible for managing the operations of Customer Delivery Manager, collaborating with internal departments, state transport management and 3PL partners to ensure transport delivery for our new site. You will also:
- lead transport planning processes for the new site, collaborating with central management and onsite teams to deliver effective process
- manage 3PL relationship to ensure resource needs are met and ongoing service delivery
- manage the transport & customer delivery team within CFC operations, including greater than 750 drivers.
- be a champion for safety and process across the site with a focus on the transport delivery team
- identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the business area or department
About you and your skills
We’re looking for an experienced transport manager who has had exposure to an automated DC, with a passion for developing processes. You will also:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Strong people leadership capabilities with ability to influence & communicate with senior leaders across Coles within the site
- experience working within complex industrial relations frameworks
- ability to utilise key financial data & operational metrics to drive performance improvements & outcomes.
- experience creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
- developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation’s goals
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 66090
Employment Type: Full time