Operations Shift Manager
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Supply Chain makes life easier, safer and more sustainable across our network. Our team works with thousands of trusted businesses every day to bring together our suppliers, distribution centres and stores. By keeping those relationships strong and processes running smoothly, we’re able to maintain the availability and quality of our products for our customers.
In partnership with Ocado we are in the process of delivering a brand new state-of-the-art customer fulfilment centre in NSW. Harnessing the latest technology this site will offer a wider range to our customers and safter, cleaner environment for our staff. As this site ramps up we have an opportunity for an experienced Shift Manager to join the team
About the role
You will lead your team through the go live of our brand-new CFC and ongoing operations once the site is up and running. You will oversee shift KPI’s with an emphasis on productivity and safety whilst creating an enjoyable workplace environment.
You will also:
- Oversee the strategy implementation plan and drive our “On time and in full” objective across the business
- Be a champion for safety and lead an operational safety-first culture
- Create and drive a highly customer-focused culture across the site
- Ensure adequate resourcing and productivity is in place to meet sales demand
- Create and drive a high-performance culture through communicating performance objectives, empowering direct reports and supporting team members to achieve their career and development goals
- Collaborate and influence key stakeholders across central operations and transformation teams to ensure change strategy alignment
- Find ways to support continuous improvement initiatives of the site providing insight to key stakeholders
About you and your skills
We’re looking for a passionate Shift Manager that has a customer first focus, continuous improvement mindset and experience in organisational change management. You’ll also need:
- A successful track record of operational delivery and building successful teams
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment, whilst ensuring key deliverables are met
- Ability to utilise key financial data and operational metrics to drive performance improvements and outcomes
- Have a clear vision of the change strategy that is delivered with a high degree of energy and passion
- Have a passion for people, engaging teams and developing team members
- Tertiary qualification preferred but not essential
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 66085
Employment Type: Full time