Product Manager - Technical
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Contract/temp
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Coles Liquor is a trusted retailer with three iconic trading banners, Liquorland, First Choice Liquor Market and Vintage Cellars. Our purpose is to help adult Australians lead happier and healthier lives by drinking in a responsible and sustainable way. As a drink’s specialist, Coles Liquor hosts an extensive range of wines, spirits and beers and we are passionate about providing customers with local and relevant products.
Our knowledgeable Team Members serve customers through our network of more than 930 stores and ultra-convenient online sites, delivering on our commitment to provide accessible drink solutions for every occasion.
About the role
As part of our continued investment into optimising our Coles Liquor Group (CLG) online shopping experience and offering for our customers, we have 2 new 12 month fixed-term opportunities for a technical Product Manager to join the team, supporting either our Commerce Server upgrade or our Data & Loyalty squads. In these exciting new opportunities, you will work cross-functionally in creating and managing the roadmap for the product squad that delivers high quality customer experiences for Coles liquor.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end execution of your initiatives, from discovery to delivery
- Manage and prioritise the backlog to deliver on quarterly objectives
- Define the backlog for your squad based on Squad and Crew OKRs, working with the Group Product Manager and Crew Lead to ensure the backlog aligns with the business and product strategies
- Gather, manage, and prioritise product requirements across multiple squads and ensure all are heading towards the overarching goal
- Work closely with the engineering, experience, and marketing teams to ensure that business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.
About you and your skills
We’re after a skilled Product Manager with proven success in delivering measurable results for both users and the business. You will have experience supporting digital channels in a large, complex organisation as well as having worked in a digital-first organisation with a strong customer-centric focus.
You’ll also have:
- Ability to run full product process from setting objectives to competitive research, writing requirements, launching, testing and monitoring
- Experience leading a product squad using Agile principles
- The ability to communicate and rationalise product design decisions to a wide audience, as well as being able to translate business process and customer insights into product concepts and solutions
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives. Fosters and maintains relationships stakeholders to ensure transparency and alignment around backlog and priorities
- An understanding of the broader digital ecosystem including software development lifecycle, development methodologies (including agile), user experience design, usability and accessibility, online content strategy etc
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 72987
Employment Type: Fixed Term