Technical Portfolio Manager- Domain Support
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
Technical Portfolio Manager (71329)
About the team
Are you passionate about payments technology? Want to discover opportunities which challenge and inspire you?
Our Fintech team is the heart of payments technology for Coles. We support Coles brands in connecting with customers and our focus is on delivering high quality payments services. We are proud of the fact Coles is one of Australia’s largest EFT transactional processing entities.
Our Fintech function is currently going through an exciting period of transformation, innovation and growth and as part of this growth we are constantly looking at ways to evolve the payments experience and deliver maximum value to the customer through our innovative technology initiatives.
We are looking for a self motivated, positive and resourceful technology leader with excellent analytical, strategic, management and leadership skills to join our team.
About the role
As part of the leadership team the Technical Portfolio Manager will oversee the Demand Management function and Portfolio delivery and ensure its aligned to the business and technical strategy. You will be responsible for driving the FinTech Roadmap through the entire product delivery lifecycle, demonstrating the key values and behaviours of a successful program manager.
You will be accountable for the portfolio of change working across all business and technology functions of engagement, governance and delivery support.
You will have a passion for quality and continuous improvement and will lead improvements to Project Management Methodologies and act as a steward for the transition to new ways of working (Agile). Previous tech simplification experience is desirable.
You will have previous experience with financial management and will be required to balance schedule, cost and quality, expenditures and budget forecasting as well as managing and measuring how technology investments play out. You will have extensive experience with corporate planning and delivering technology roadmaps and solutions which align to and deliver on business strategies
You have exceptional delivery skill as you will be required to oversee and coordinate delivery of multiple, concurrent projects as an integrated programme. Proven ability managing complex program scheduling, financial and resource management, risk issues, status reporting, documentation and deliverable management
A must have for this role is a high-level understanding of IT Payments environments
About you and your skills
- 6+ years in Project/Portfolio Management within financial services or payments industry
- Be a big believer in continuous improvement and new ways of working, both in individual learning & development and business process.
- Multi-task delivery coordination in dynamic and fast paced environments working with business, technology, governance and other depts.
- Specialist knowledge in the discipline of Project finance as a Project, Program and Portfolio level
- Must have a high-level understanding of IT / Payments environments
- Experience and exposure preparing executive level packs and presenting at Steering Committees or to governance bodies
- Experience preparing budgets and financial modelling, and running workforce allocation meetings
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with multiple business stakeholders and teams
- Coach and develop staff on how to implement and sustain Agile Ways of Working principles and practices.
- Be a positive role model with a growth mindset; able to manage, inspire and mentor individuals to help realise their potential.
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 71329
Employment Type: Full time