Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
To understand our merchandise business, we need to understand our customers. That’s why you’ll find us working across all business units at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. Supermarkets is one of the largest teams at Coles, but we’re a close-knit group that come from all over the world. We’re passionate about working at the forefront of merchandising and making sure our customers have quality products at the right price.
About the role
Reporting into the Space Manager and you will focus on Space Planning and Micro Space. Working with a broad stakeholder group you will build efficient and effective planograms which deliver space optimisation that align to our business principles. You will:
- Deliver customer centric, commercially, and operationally efficient planograms within set timelines
- Ensure delivery of all store planograms in line with merchandising principles using Blue Yonder (formerly JDA) Space Planning applications
- Ensure all relevant market, space and customer insights are used to inform space decisions
- Measure and deliver improved Return on Space (ROS) on store planograms by optimising space effectively
- Work closely with the Grocery Category Merchandise teams to advise on space & range related decisions
About you and your skills
In this permanent role you will certainly share your passion about space and will have genuine impact in the work you will do. Being part of a dedicated team, this role will provide the opportunity for career development and working as part of a leading Australian retailer. You will also:
- Ideally proven Space Planning experience in either floor, shelf/planograms, or visual merchandising
- Demonstrated experience in a retail, or fast paced FMCG environment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, numeracy and written skills
- Able to manage multiple projects with a key focus on timeline delivery
- Familiarity with space planning tools such as Spaceman, Apollo or Blue Yonder (formerly JDA)
- Capacity to communicate clearly and influence effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- In depth knowledge of product relationships and interdependencies within a store
- You will have proven track record working both within a team environment & independently, with the ability to transition with ease
Please note that applications will close on 9th of December 2022
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 71463
Employment Type: Full time