Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Technology is the backbone of our business. Every day, our team solves complex and meaningful problems. Those solutions help thousands of our fellow team members succeed, and make millions of customers’ lives easier every day.
About the role
As a Product Owner you will be a member of a product squad working with internal and external stakeholders to identify, analyse, define and prioritise the product backlog for your product. Product Owners represent the voice of the internal or external stakeholder to give context to product features and empower smart decision-making within the team, whilst maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of Product Features or components.
Once requirements are defined this role will continue to assist designing the detailed functionality and working with engineering leads charged with overseeing the development process through to implementation
You will also:
- Listens to our customer and translates their requirements into the Jira issues with acceptance criteria
- Work closely with the engineering, experience and marketing teams to ensure that business case and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Supports the definition the backlog for their squad based on Squad and Crew OKRs. Works with Product Manager and Group Product Manager to ensure the backlog aligns with the business and product strategies
- Contributes to the end-to-end execution of their initiatives, from discovery to delivery
- Delivers prioritised backlog initiatives to support delivery on squads quarterly objectives
- Responsible for the results (customer/business outcome) of their squad
- Communicates to customers & stakeholders on progress of initiatives
- Passionate about Coles and the customer problems we are solving
- Improves and adds to team best practices and processes
About you & your skills
You are someone who has understanding of the broader digital ecosystem including software development lifecycle, development methodologies (including agile), user experience design, usability and accessibility, online content strategy, etc.
You will also:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner or Associate Product Manager or similar
- Experience in cloud technology and containerised applications
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure recommended
- A consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business
- Experience delivering product features (preferably using agile principles)
- Experienced in communicating and rationalising product design decisions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the product lifecycle, experience building and shipping consumer product experiences.
- Highly collaborative, able to engage and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Skilled in translating business process and customer insights into product concepts and solutions.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills. Written communication that is clear and effective.
- Tertiary Degree is preferred
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 65176
Employment Type: Full time