Coles Supermarkets - Baker - Lake Macquarie Fair
Location: Mount Hutton
Job Type: Part time
It takes the connection of team members in many different roles to run more than 800 supermarkets across Australia. Whether you’re in-store or delivering to a customers’ door, life in-front or behind the shelves is fast, and it’s fun. Joining Coles Supermarkets means you’ll belong in a team of diverse personalities, cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, just like the local communities we serve. Each day brings a variety of valuable first-hand experiences and with the formal training we give you, you’ll gain skills that set you up for an ongoing career at Coles Group and beyond.
About the role
What’s so special about being a Baker at Coles? Well, we understand baking isn’t just your trade – it’s your passion too. That’s why we love it when our team step out from behind the counter and share their love baking with our customers. You’ll take pride in contributing to a bakery department which is exceptionally presented, welcoming and engaging.
In a nutshell, you’ll be the special ingredient that makes the Coles bakery shopping experience irresistible.
About you and your skills
- A trade certificate or diploma
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced bakery environment
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of food safety and hygiene
- A willingness to coach and support other team members in learning your craft
- To be customer obsessed and continually seek to better understand our diverse customers
- A real passion for quality and consistency #LI-TS1
Could you be our next Bakery Team Member? Help in preparing, packing and labelling in the bakery, safely operate bakery equipment and maintain a clean workspace.
About you and your skills
- A commitment to providing great customer experiences by working with enthusiasm, energy and pace
- To know your stuff, as you’ll be a go-to person for customer queries
- To be active – you’ll be on your feet for long periods of time and may require some moderate to heavy lifting and reaching
- The availability to work flexible hours across our store trading days (including early mornings, evenings and weekends)
Keen as a bean? Just lettuce know
If you like the sound of us, get growing and apply now. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers, so you’ll need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose and evidence your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application. Thanks for understanding.
Job ID: 60944
Employment Type: Part time
#LI – TS1