Enterprise Architect - Security
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the Team
Technology is the backbone of our business. Every day, our team solves complex and meaningful problems. Those solutions help thousands of our fellow team members succeed and make millions of customers’ lives easier every day.
About the role
The Enterprise Architect, Security reports to the Head of Architecture and is responsible for working with key stakeholders across Coles and industry to understand the needs and propose solutions that fit a “people, process then technology” methodology.
As the EA you will be accountable for our security target state and defining roadmaps to progress this. We will also be looking for your help as the representative when it comes to security decisions and recommendations in relation to Coles’ enterprise security architecture and control frameworks, governance activities and security strategy.
Moving with pace and enabling our team members to be efficient without compromising on security is fundamental to our success and we’ll be looking to you to contribute to and establish security patterns, improve the way we provide architectural governance and coach both other architects, engineers and team members to adopt a “Secure by Design” approach.
Please Note - We are open for the role to be based anywhere in Australia
About you & your skills
You are someone who has a thorough understanding of Enterprise Architecture when it comes to all things Security and Technology in large organisations and in the context of technology transformation. You can create value through partnerships within the Coles Group and outside with strategic Technology Partners.
You are focussed being part of a high performing team which is motivated, results & delivery driven and becoming a trusted advisor to key stakeholders. You will be an experienced Security Architect with a passion for driving change while doing so in an inclusive way.
You’ll also have:
- 7+ years of experience across multiple information security roles with the focus on enterprise security architectures and strong working knowledge of security control frameworks (ACSC ISM, NIST, MITRE, ISO 27001 etc);
- Broad experience across multiple security domains including cryptographic systems, identity and access management systems, data security, network design, infrastructure & cloud computing technologies, containerisation, regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, Privacy Legislation);
- Experience with strategic planning and strategy/roadmap development in complex business environments
- Experience translating strategic business needs to desired process and technology deliverables
- Experience in a leadership role managing a small technical team
- Experience engaging with and presenting to senior leaders in a large corporate organisation (C-Level and down)
- Experience in synthesizing unstructured/ambiguous business requirements into technology agnostic solutions
- Experience in managing technology partners and in technically leading RFI/RFQ/RFP processes
- Understanding of the Retail industry, challenges, commerciality, operations, and organisation desirable but not mandatory
- Proven track record of managing and high quality on time delivery of projects, analysis, reports, presentations, and communications
- Translating industry research to insights, analytics modelling, and producing high quality communication.
- Strong problem solving, creativity, learning ambition and ability
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 65900
Employment Type: Full time