Pallet Controller - Redbank Automated Distribution Centre
Job Type: Full time
From small everyday moments to larger-scale changes unique to a business like ours, as Retail Leader, you’ll really see the difference your work makes every day. Whether you’re in a distribution centre, a bakery, in-store or on the road, you’re an important part of an Aussie icon at the heart of the nation.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to build your career with Coles group. We’re on the lookout for dedicated Pallet Controller to join our new Automated Distribution Centre at Redbank, Queensland.
Our Coles Distribution Centres play an important role moving quality products through our supply chain, to provide inspiring shopping experiences for our customers. Our DCs play an integral part of our total business success and services Coles businesses throughout Australia.
The Pallet Controller role is responsible for ensuring zero loss of pooling equipment at their DC/site.
This is achieved through:
- Maintaining Coles best practice management of the DC/site’s pooling equipment accounts (using 2iC software) and the DC/site’s physical pooling equipment processes;
- Compliance to the national SOP for all inbound and outbound movements (including store movements); and,
- Account reconciliation, managing supplier queries, dehires, supplier empty pallet collections and regular reviews of site practices.
About you and your skills
When it comes to building our team, we're always on the lookout for that extra awesome someone. Is it you?
- Four (4) years' minimum experience working in a pooling equipment control role with strong operational metrics.
- A solid understanding of the pooling equipment model.
- Experience with 2iC, myCHEP & Loscam Online.
- Experience working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge of logistics principles in the FMCG sector will be highly regarded.
- Solid leading with influence skills without direct authority, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid communication skills both verbally and written, able to communicate at all levels of DC environment and as key contact for all internal and external pooling equipment enquiries.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Solid problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid time management and organisational skill
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is our investment and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including our First Nations Peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Part of creating a safe working environment, our Automated Distribution Centre operates under a Drug & Alcohol Policy on site. Team members are subject to possible random testing and applicants to this role can expect to undergo tests as part of the recruitment process, in addition to a full physical.
Job ID: 73359
Employment Type: Full time