National Operations Manager
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Commercial is a large but close-knit group. We bring diversity of thought, backgrounds and experience to every business unit at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. And we pride ourselves on the partnerships we build, new ideas we develop and how passionately we work on convenient, healthy solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a National Operations Manager to lead a team within our Bakery, Deli and Seafood division.
About the role
Working closely with the Head of Operations you will support the implementation and land key initiatives in store. Bringing the store lense to strategy design and execution. You will also:
- build capability to develop talent and engage Bakery team members
- develop Bakery Operating standards and work with Bakery teams to implement
- develop and implement strategies to land Bakery initiatives in-store that drive sale and profit
- find ways to improve the operating model that meets the needs of the customer and promotes Bakery sales and the return customer
- achieve key commercial KPI’s and understanding of key commercial levers and how to use them
About you and your skills
We are looking for an operations manager who has proven experience of delivery strategy into store and driving team performance. You will also have:
- Built and led large teams and delivered sales targets
- Operational leadership in a retail business in multiple sites of varying size, format, and performance
- Delivered business KPI improvements over a 18month period via transformation projects.
- Multi-functional experience - operations, support and projects
- Develop business strategies resulting in sustained improvement across the Bakery TPC
- Worked collectively with support functions to uncover insights and drive performance
- Led transformational change via strong project management disciplines
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 70748
Employment Type: Full time