Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
the engine room of the business, our central operations team keeps us moving and delivering our services to all Australians. We empower and support our retail teams across the country, helping them deliver great experiences for our customers every single day.
We are in the process of rolling out a new easy ordering system across our stores in fresh produce. Transforming the way our teams manage stock by harnessing the latest technology to reduce waste. As part of the role out phase we have an opportunity for an experienced Reporting Analyst to join the project on an 18 month basis.
About the role
Using your developed analytical skills, you will play a key role in the roll out of the Easy Ordering System. Supporting the team with key analysis, you will Highlight any potential issues and identify growth opportunities. You will also:
- review sales information across all stores that roll out Easy Ordering Nationally
- be responsible for interrupting data across waste and markdowns, highlighting and reporting on areas of improvement
- present data in a simplified and digestible way, engaging key business stakeholders on potential improvements
- find ways to improve performance of ranges by analysing layouts and business impacts
- manage risk across the business unit by addressing tasks and issues in an efficient and methodical manner
About you and your skills
We’re looking for an experienced analyst who can add value to this exciting project and has a passion for solving complex issues by using data. You will also need:
- experience of working in an analytical role with use of excel, Power BI and SQL preferred
- has had extensive experience of reporting and providing insights to business stakeholders
- a background in retail with a working knowledge of store functions would be advantageous but not essential
- proven experience analysing and interpreting data and converting into insights for key stakeholders to influence their decision making
- have a clear vision of the project strategy and deliver with a high degree of energy and passion
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 73990
Employment Type: Fixed Term