Business Analyst Renewals - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
A new role = A new way to win together
You belong at Coles Group where we look ahead, have a plan, and are up for the challenge. We learn and grow by taking career-defining opportunities and this one may just be your next.
About the team
Finance makes it easier for us to win together as a business. Our team works side-by-side with every other team to help bring commercial thinking into what they do and make moves that support our strategic business decisions.
We offer good work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation benefits. We have an empowering and inclusive culture with open and effective management providing career stability.
Work in one of the largest and smartest finance functions among ASX-listed companies, with a positive culture, high quality leaders and the opportunity to make an impact on highly commercial, highly visible programs of work that inform and enable business strategy. We care for our people with a focus on wellbeing, fairness and equity, and you’re trusted to work in a way that works best for you. Because we believe flexible work is a thing we do, not a place we go.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Business Analyst in our Finance Store Development team - working within The Coles store development division. This role has come about due to sustained growth within our entire finance team and especially in a our store development team .If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career- please forward your resume asap to this advert .
About the Role
- Provide financial analysis and insight on renewed store performance, working cross-functionally with property, network planning, operations and corresponding finance teams
- Own the monthly actuals review and forecast for store development capital and operating expenditure including write offs
- Support the Store Development Business Partner to assist the Store Investment team with the end to end delivery of the store renewal program
- Support the Store Development Business Partner to evaluate capital investment proposals for store renewals and provide financial input into CAC papers, PIR reviews and annual Board Paper
- Provide fact-based insight to assist in the development and delivery of business strategies. Support commercial investment decisions and project delivery, including the generation of business cases, ongoing project support and insights to support business decision making.
Some of your key stakeholders and customers will be: Central and State Operations finance, Business Unit finance, Group and Property /finance teams and Head’s of Store formats and Reset ( Innovations) and the Capital teams
You and your skills and background
You possess highly effective communication skills, verbal and written, have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation with the ability to link strategy and financial performance to provide a clear and compelling narrative.
With a sharp commercial skills and growth mindset, you also have;
- Minimum 5+ years PQE
- CA or CPA or similar qualification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communications skills both verbal and written
- Strong systems literate with advanced modelling skills (including the use of Excel, SAP, TM1). Proficient user of pivot tables, vlookups, macros, nested functions
- Strong ability to succinctly synthesise and present information to influence/inform decision making.
- The ability to distil and effectively communicate complex information/problems to a broad range of audience (eg IT & Operators) using narrative that explains the story
- Strong commercial and analytical skills to support understanding of key performance drivers, and raise recommendations on actions required to improve performance
- Strong influencing skills, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work across multiple teams all with varying deliverables
- Understanding of retail dynamics and passion for retail
- Detail orientation required, and commercial experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, stakeholder management, change management, problem solving and influencing skills
- Preference on retail finance experience
- Experience planning & managing small projects with minimal supervision
- Strong experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Microsoft Office applications (inc. Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI), TM1 & SAP
If this role sounds like the one for you, have a chat with your line manager, then get your application in! If it’s not for you, but sounds like one for someone you know, share it with them, and you may be eligible for a $1,500 referral bonus.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 77037
Employment Type: Permanent