Delivery Manager - Quality Engineering - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Technology is the backbone of our business. Every day, our team solves complex and meaningful problems. Those solutions help thousands of our fellow team members succeed and make millions of customers lives easier every day.
About the role
In this role you will support delivery of Quality Engineering & Testing outcomes of all ongoing projects within a group of business units. To support the adoption, evolution and maintenance of the Quality Engineering capability within a group of business units, to maximise agility, accelerate test automation adoption, and unlock efficiencies.
In this role you will lead and manage a team of highly motivated and capable individuals and:
- You will be accountable to support the quality engineering and testing outcomes of all ongoing projects within a group of business units/platforms with a common test process approach, optimised capability usage, common metrics in place and improved speed to value.
- You will support and enable as necessary the design, planning, implementation, and release of relevant quality engineering enablement capabilities across the projects, programs, and agile squads.
- You will be accountable for the quality engineering and testing aspects overall project initiative approved funding
- You will be accountable for multiple squads of technologists that will collaborate to deliver projects/products that are aligned with Coles business objectives.
- Work closely with Coles Technology leadership team to set strategy, priorities and support key business initiatives.
- Support innovation within the business units.
- At least 15 years’ experience in the automation, development, and testing fields.
- At least 8 years senior or managerial IT experience, as an Engineering Manager or Delivery Manager of digital products in an agile environment, with experience delivering large programs of work, including operation support.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing technical solutions in large scale, complex and distributed environments.
- Advanced understanding of all aspects of the technology’s broader operational environment (i.e., processes, procedures, associated toolsets, operating systems, etc.).
- Strong Manual and Automated testing experience, including demonstrated success with implementing Automated Testing solutions
- Experience with the agile development process and developing code in alignment with coding standards and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing automated testing, both in terms of process and tools (e.g., Microfocus ALM, Jira, Microsoft Test Manager, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with testing aspects of DevOps including IaC for continuous testing purposes using tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins or Azure DevOps.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles, products, and services in a hybrid cloud environment, with a technical background.
- Experience using metrics to measure, influence and initiate change and behaviours that directly impact customer success.
- The ability to tell a story, ensuring you can translate complex technical solutions and advice into clear, specific information that is understood by all.
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 75067
Employment Type: Full time