Finance Manager Produce - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
A new role = A new way to win together
You belong at Coles Group where we look ahead, have a plan, and are up for the challenge. We learn and grow by taking career-defining opportunities and this one may just be your next.
About the team
Finance makes it easier for us to win together as a business. Our Finance team works side-by-side with every other team to help bring commercial thinking into what they do and support our strategic business decisions.
We offer work-life balance, flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation benefits. We have an empowering, diverse and inclusive culture with open and effective management providing career stability.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is now available for a highly commercial and strategic Finance Manager (Fresh Produce) to join our team. To be a great fit for this role you will understand how to manage stakeholder dynamics and be a trusted partner to the GM of the Fresh Produce business unit. Supporting and leading a team of 2 FBP’s and one graduate BA, you will be a passionate and accomplished Finance Manager with a strong background and experience in autonomously leading Finance support for a business function.
As a key member of the Fresh Produce leadership team, you will support category teams to deliver products that customers love and maintain effective commercial supplier relationship. Reporting to the Head of Finance, Fresh Food you will lead the planning processes (budget and 5-year strategic plan) for Fresh Produce, including communicating clear assumptions & targets, challenging submissions and identifying synergies. You will also be heavily involved in driving new initiatives and concepts as part of the evolution of Coles’ Fresh Produce offering.
This role has arisen due to an internal promotion and if this role excites you and you have the passion, drive and experience to match the key criteria for this role, we would love to hear from you.
- Oversee the financial performance of the Fresh Produce business unit (along with GM), providing insights and holding the Business Unit team accountable for performance outcomes across sales, profit, working capital and project investments
- Lead the BU planning cycle, building plans to deliver Budget and rolling Forecasts. Convert the Fresh Produce business unit Budget and Forecasts into KPIs, establishing the Governance structure & reporting for key KPIs
- Identify & drive execution of opportunities to improve Sales, EBIT & cash flow for Fresh Produce, looking at cross functional touch points such as REM, Loss & Range reviews
- Lead the Fresh Produce Finance team, providing strong coaching and mentoring to enhance commercial acumen and improve quality of insights/reporting to key stakeholders.
Your skills and Background required
- Experience working within an ASX listed or complex organisation – with retail/FMCG experience highly regarded
- Proven management and leadership skills with a strong emphasis on interpersonal skills.
- Ability to actively challenge and influence stakeholders on business performance while developing trusted relationships
- Highly effective verbal and excellent written communication skills
- Proven capability of facilitating the development of departmental initiatives linked to business objectives.
- CPA/CA qualified with 3 years post-qualification experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to use and extract data from systems, develop Excel models and present information effectively in PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of the commercial drivers of a food retail business
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment and simplify processes
- Strong commercial acumen to ensure profitable growth objectives are delivered
- Able to have real impact and drive change in the customer experience and transform the way we do business
If this role sounds like the one for you, have a chat with your line manager, then get your application in! If it’s not for you, but sounds like one for someone you know, share it with them, and you may be eligible for a $1,500 referral bonus.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 77740
Employment Type: permanent