Community Relations Manager - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
About the team
Corporate & Indigenous Affairs is the voice of Coles Group internally and externally. With passion and pace, we collaborate with stakeholders across our business to better connect with our customers and each other. By working together, we further strengthen the trust and relatability of our brands across Australia.
About the role
A rare opportunity as Community Relations Manager has arisen within our close-knit and passionate Community Engagement team, where you’ll have the opportunity to drive great and impactful outcomes for the community, with a strong focus on environment and sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside a team of experts, you’ll be empowered to develop and drive national, state, and local community engagement programs to support Coles’ growing impact in communities across Australia which in FY22 culminated in a community contribution of $142m.
- Deepen and refine existing community partnerships and programs, ensuring that all activity is aligned to Coles’ community engagement strategy
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with key community partners
- Review programs and partnerships to evaluate their effectiveness
- Advise on community issues, opportunities, and potential programs to enhance impact
- Collaborate with internal and external comms teams, marketing, and other stakeholders to drive and increase awareness of Coles’ community initiatives
- Project manage community activations and events with store teams, media, partners and a variety of stakeholders
What you bring
5+ years’ experience working in a community engagement / partnerships role coming from a corporate, sport, or charity background.
A brilliant communicator, you’re ideas-driven, adaptable, and agile with impeccable project management skills.
You’ll also need
- Experience delivering business-wide community relations programs, that positively impact at all levels
- Experience delivering business-wide initiatives and programs
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong writing/communication skills
- Contract negotiation skills.
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers. As part of that commitment, you will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team at Coles, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application (and possibly provide further evidence of your vaccination status). Thanks for applying, and for your understanding.
Job ID: 76624