Bakery Manager - Singleton
Job Type: Full time
It takes the connection of team members in many different roles to run more than 800 supermarkets across Australia. Whether you’re in-store or delivering to a customers’ door, life in-front or behind the shelves is fast, and it’s fun. Joining Coles Supermarkets means you’ll belong in a team of diverse personalities, cultures, backgrounds and beliefs, just like the local communities we serve. Each day brings a variety of valuable first-hand experiences and with the formal training we give you, you’ll gain skills that set you up for an ongoing career at Coles Group and beyond.
About the role
Reporting to the Store Manager, you’ll have full accountability for the day-to-day running of the bakery department. You’ll take pride in contributing to a store which is exceptionally presented, welcoming and engaging for our customers, team members and local community.
About you and your skills
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Direct/indirect leadership experience as you’ll need to lead, coach and develop your team to meet sales targets, cost control and rostering requirements
- To maintain excellent department standards including monitoring stock, rotation routines, wastage, shrinkage and quality control
- To drive a one team culture which celebrates success and puts our team members health, safety and wellbeing first
- To delight our customers with an outstanding shopping experience
- Ability to look ahead, energise your team and deliver with pride
This is a great opportunity to build your career with Coles group. We’re on the lookout for dedicated team player with a strong focus on safety to join the team in our Distribution Centre.
Our Coles Distribution Centres play an important role moving quality products through our supply chain, to provide inspiring shopping experiences for our customers. Our DCs play an integral part of our total business success and services Coles businesses throughout Australia.
Equipped with leading edge technology and world class facilities, this Distribution Centre concentrates on fast moving consumer goods, ambient grocery, chilled and frozen products, and operates around the clock.
When it comes to building our team, we're always on the lookout for that extra awesome someone. Is it you?
About you and your skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- To be customer focused and work with pride, enthusiasm, energy and pace
- The ability to be on your feet for long periods of time and be able to carry out moderate to heavy lifting and reaching
Keen as a bean? Just lettuce know
If you like the sound of us, get growing and apply now. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
Job ID: 82620
Employment Type: Full time