Strategy Manager (Career Comeback Program)
Job Type: Full time
- You are ready to return to the workforce in March 2023 after being out of the workforce for 2+ years or more
- We support flexible working and want to chat about what this means for you
- Together we can leverage your current skill set and previous professional experience to reignite your career
See yourself in our team:
This opportunity is part of our Career Comeback program within our Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) team. A paid program for experienced professionals who've taken a career break of two years or more, and are looking to return to the workforce.
Run over 12 weeks, the program is designed to provide you with the re-entry support and training you need to thrive. Upon completion of the program, those who have demonstrated their abilities and motivation to succeed may be eligible for a permanent position.
Do work that matters:
You'll work alongside your fellow strategy colleagues as well as stakeholders across IB&M and the CommBank Group to play a leading role in strategy development for the bank. Specifically, you'll be:
- Framing and structuring business issues and formulating hypotheses to be validated
- Gathering information and completing quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop and test hypotheses, including internal and external market research, complex data analysis, financial modelling and business case preparation
- Synthesising findings and developing compelling C-suite level presentations that clearly articulate the findings of your analyses/recommendations and act as a solid foundation for decision making
- Applying robust project management practices for strategic engagements by structuring work in an efficient manner to manage scope, timelines, accountabilities and outcomes
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Taken a career break of 2+ years and are interested in returning to work on a permanent basis
- Experience in strategy consulting (in-house or at a professional services firm)
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, including a hypothesis-based and structured approach to analytical and conceptual problem solving
- Previous experience engaging with senior stakeholders with the ability to effectively develop rapport, collaborate and influence across multiple functions and levels of seniority
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field will be highly regarded
- Permanent Australian working rights and are Sydney based
Need more reasons to apply?
- A 12-week program on a paid fixed-term contract, with the possibility to roll into a permanent position at the end of the program
- Flexible work options, hours and arrangements - catered specifically to your life
- Comprehensive on-boarding and industry-specific skills training
- Access to individual career coaching
- A dedicated mentor and manager who will assist you in your transition back to work, with regular check-ins
The 2023 Career Comeback program will commence on Monday 13th March 2023.
To learn more, refer to our information page here: commbank.com.au/careercomeback
If this sounds like you, apply now - we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.