Principal Software Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- You are a technical leader who is passionate about architecture and cloud technologies.
- We are one of the most advanced cloud platforms across the bank.
- Together we'll build tomorrow's bank, using world-leading engineering, technology & innovation
Do work that matters
Here, you'll turn your passion into reality. You'll be working with modern technology on state-of-the-art projects to enable a seamless and unrivalled customer experience. You will build high quality, reliable solutions that determine how millions of people access their money and define future industry trends.
Our Software team are the brains behind Australia's number one banking app, Netbank, Cardless Cash, Comm Sec Pocket and Spend Tracker. We go beyond a passion for web and mobile development, creating reliable APIs at a unique scale in Australia. And you could be a part of that journey.
See yourself in our team
Our team (Digital Architecture Chapter) works within the DOT Technology Digital Retail & Every Day Banking and our purpose is to accelerate the Commonwealth Bank Group's adoption of our digital channel and support our constantly evolving platforms.
As a Principal Engineer, you'll get the opportunity to join a number of initiatives and be focused on designing, building and deploying innovative technology solutions that will enable us to build tomorrow's bank, today for our customers.
- Owning the design and delivery of innovative technical solutions to solve strategic business problems.
- Designing and working hand-in-hand with our team of engineers and architects as they build and deploy multiple technology solutions, that you'll help define, design and create.
- Support the definition of reference architectures to ensure the future strategic alignment.
- Influencing the future of the Group's technology estate and direction every day.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Designing and architecting solutions across different cloud technologies
- Designing and working with engineering teams to deliver technology solutions that solve complex business and technology problems from start to finish.
- Contributing to and supporting the creation of reference architectures and roadmaps.
- Working in agile delivery models in Big Tech or traditional organisations.
- Working independently while influencing stakeholders at various levels.
We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We don't expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team;
Expert in at least 1 to 2 programming languages below:
- Back-end runtime: C# .NET Core, Java, Node.js, Golang.
- Command-line interface: Unix, PowerShell, AWS cli, vi, vim
- Front-end: ReactJS, Angular
- Mobile: iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin)
- Databases: SQL DB (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Aurora) and NoSQL DB (DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, Snowflake, Google Big Query)
- Automated testing frameworks: Module based, library architecture, Data Driven, Keyword Drive, Behaviour Driven.
Enterprise experience in at least one of the following cloud hosting platforms:
- AWS cloud - desirable
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
Working with us:
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with flexible work locations. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We're hiring engineers from across all of Australia, you'll be empowered to do your best work and be given the choice on when and where that work happens. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.