Engineer - Site Reliability Engineering
Job Type: Full time
- You are a software or systems engineer who's passionate about improving the reliability and operability of mission-critical services
- We are solving the biggest puzzles in the Australian financial services industry
- Together we'll build tomorrow's bank, using world-leading engineering, technology & innovation
The Technology Simplification Program team is focused on building the Bank of Tomorrow. Our team is a core part of Technology that plans and drives Technology and Transformation across strategic initiatives (e.g., Cloud transformation, Technology Simplification and Modernisation), changing mindsets and coordinating execution across a broad stakeholder base. We support the strategic agenda to improve delivery agility and pace, drive delivery performance for our strategic transformation initiatives, and lead technology simplification to become a simpler, better bank. We like to explore and discover, learn from global leaders, and aspire to be world class. The pace of change is fast. We embrace challenges and thrive on solving complex issues.
See yourself in our team
Tech Simplification is standing up a SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) capability; this role would be ideal for a Systems Engineer with a background in AWS (Amazon Web Services) Infrastructure and interested in shaping how this should be implemented.
This is a Hybrid role and the team usually comes into the office once/twice per week. We're open to people based in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- An understanding of SRE philosophy, principles, and practices, and how to apply and embed them to new and existing services.
- Experience working with CI/CD (Code Build, Code Pipeline)
- Experience in the support of production operations.
- Confidence in participating and leading support calls for resolution of incidents to production services
- A solid understanding of DevOps/SRE Best Practices: Logging, Monitoring, Security
- Knowledge of system and application performance testing and programming: ability to monitor, measure, and optimize performance and network communication.
We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We don't expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team;
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, CDK (Cloud Development Kit), Terraform)
- Practical working experience supporting AWS Infrastructure
- Experience with debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills across Linux/Windows operating systems.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with flexible work locations. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We're hiring engineers from across all of Australia, you'll be empowered to do your best work and be given the choice on when and where that work happens. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.