Security Solutions Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- You are a problem solver with a strong background in Security Design and or Engineering.
- We are one of the best and most advanced Cyber Security teams in Australia.
- Together we can contribute to protecting the group, its customers, and community.
The Technology division delivers the group's information technology and banking operation functions to ensure the highest level of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Cyber Security protects the bank and our customers from theft, loss and risk events through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk.
Your new team:
As the Security Solutions Engineer you will be joining the Security Engineering team and become part of the wider Protective Security and Business Resilience (PSBR) division. The Protective Security and Business Resilience team's major responsibility is managing physical security systems and or infrastructure solutions.
This position will see you play a pivotal role in managing security design and project roll-outs across physical security, working on similar solutions like body-worn cameras and other physical security products, services and or solutions.
Your impact and contribution:
In this role you will bring your strong background in security design, engineering and or physical security to manage our complex and large-scale project initiatives and or uplifts, including minor upgrades to the Network Video Recorder (NVR) etc.
You will provide ongoing advice to key stakeholders and executive management to ensure the business and project objectives are met.
You will also:
- Take ownership for the design of services within Protective Security and Business Resilience (PSBR) technology.
- Provide strategic advice and consultation to secure the future direction and usage of the bank's IT services thereby ensuring the physical security of all of its staff, assets and locations.
- Provide alignment and re-use of group-wide security services, process and patterns.
- Remain abreast of emerging technologies, industry developments, trends, and best practices in security.
We are interested in people who:
As the Security Solutions Engineer you will deliver innovative security solutions through design and end-to-end implementation. This position requires expertise in offering and delivering large-scaled physical security initiatives, working across a large-scale and complex cyber security landscape.
You will bring a variety of expertise in similar security architecture, design and or physical security services to drive major end-to-end project uplifts and or solutions while offering technical guidance across the wider group.
You will bring:
- Previous expertise with IT Systems supporting physical security is highly desirable including
- Experience across security design, architecture and or physical security.
- Access Control Systems.
- CCTV (at scale), including Video Analytics.
- Personnel safety.
- Knowledge across modelling threats and prescribing controls is highly desirable.
- Experience working on major programs or project solutions will be highly valued.
- Experience in assessing and communicating risk.
- Strong communication, consulting, and influencing skills with the ability to work with a collaborative approach.
- An analytical mind with good forethought and planning.
If this role is of interested to you please apply directly or reach out to have a confidential discussion in more detail.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.