Engineering Manager Edge Security
Job Type: Full time
- You are a problem solver with a background in Cyber Security leadership.
- We are one of the best and most advanced Cyber Security teams in Australia.
- Together we can contribute to protecting the group, its customers and community.
The Technology division delivers the group's information technology and banking operation functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation. Cyber Security protects the bank and our customers from theft, loss and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk.
We provide security controls and services that are leveraged across the group. The team is responsible for the stable delivery of effective security services and continuous assurance over enterprise security controls within the bank and across its group entities.
Your new team:
The Cyber Protective Services Group, a part of the wider Cyber Security Technology function, provides security controls and services that are utilised across the group. The team is responsible for the delivery of effective security services and continuous assurance over enterprise security controls within the bank and across its group entities.
As an organisation with a large number of online applications, we need to protect ourselves from all types of online attacks, which are growing in frequency every day. Our role is to provide security services to our application teams using a variety of technological programs such as web application and firewalls, both of which utilise a variety of edge security services and solutions including Akamai, MS Defender etc.
Your impact and contribution:
You are an Engineer Manager who wants to contribute to the building and supporting of core edge security projects, uplifts and new integration services across the group. You will lead a team of expert cyber security engineers across edge security, while supporting and guiding internal and external stakeholders, including our edge security service owner team.
Besides of leadership, this role will see you offer your technical guidance on a variety of edge security projects across a complex and large-scale cyber security landscape. We will rely on your expertise to improve the platforms, processes, and tools.
You will also:
- Managing direct reports on and offshore, while managing core edge security projects and or solutions across the wider organisation.
- Engage with internal business units to assist them with protecting the Banks online products & services.
- Evaluate new & evolving technology that provides network edge security services such as Web Application Firewall, DDOS, CDN etc
- Enable automation and self-service onboarding capabilities of standard WAF/DDOS/CDN configurations.
- Provide technical leadership to subsidiaries on the banks use of network security services.
We are interested in people who:
This role is for someone with a background in network and or infrastructure security and or engineering. You are a natural leader with the ability to guide and motivate a high performing team of security experts, while offering technical advice to technical and function stakeholders including our dedicated edge security services owner team.
You will have experience in leading large-scale enterprise projects across a complex security landscape and will bring similar expertise and technical knowhow to the organisation.
You will bring:
- Proven technical/people leadership experience in a similar role.
- Commercial experience securing online applications and services.
- Excellent communication skills, engaging with all levels of business.
- Experience with web application firewalls, DDOS, CDN, preferably Akamai services.
- Scripting & automation skills, and an automation first mentality.
- Amazon Web Services hands on experience, including the use of Cloud Formation/Infrastructure as Code.
If this role is of interested to you please apply directly or reach out to have a confidential discussion in more detail.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.