Senior Security Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- You are a forward thinking Cyber Security specialist with a key focus in furthering your career in cyber security and design.
- We're supportive of internal growth and development offering amazing career opportunities.
- Together we contribute in securing and enhancing the financial well-being of people, businesses and communities
The Technology division delivers the group's information technology and banking operations functions, ensuring the highest level of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation. Cyber Security protects the bank and our customers from theft, loss, and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk.
Your new team:
Group Technology is responsible for the world-leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of the bank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
The Security Architecture and Solutions team protects the group and our customers from theft, losses and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk.
Your impact and contribution:
As the Senior Security Engineer you are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and design across a variety of cyber security initiatives, projects and uplifts. You will be able to work with new and exciting technologies, while making a significant impact through hands-on design, architecture and delivery, all while working across a large-scale security landscape.
- Secure business capabilities through consulting, contribution and integration of security services.
- Providing guidance to juniors/peers on security concepts and/or contribute to security strategies (like patterns, reference architectures etc).
- Contribute and review design and engineering artefacts to ensure the group's policies, standards, objectives, regulations, compliance obligations and industry best practices are met.
- Identify security requirements, qualify threats to design and build countermeasures to treat cyber risks.
- Assure security requirements are being met through design and operating effectiveness.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of cyber security capabilities via the consumption of integration specifications and patterns.
We are interested in people who:
You will bring your experience across cyber security engineering and design, having previously worked across a similar large-scale business environment. You are proficient in managing cyber threats and risk while influencing, designing and implementing new and modern deployment initiatives.
- Proficient in security design and controls engineering.
- Experience in designing and implementing modern deployment initiatives such as; web applications, APIs, containerisation, event driven, mobile applications and integration platforms.
- Proficient in implement cloud native security solutions in AWS preferred but not limited to.
- Experience in Data services - Data warehouse and Analytics and or Cryptography - PKI, Keys highly desirable but not essential.
If this sounds sound like you, and you are looking to join the Commbank family then we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.