Senior Safety Advisor
Job Type: Full time
CBGU JV brings together partners CPB Contractors, BAM, Ghella and UGL to deliver the Tunnels and Stations package for Brisbane’s Cross River Rail. Cross River Rail is a 10.2 kilometre rail line between Dutton Park and Bowen Hills, including 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD. The project also includes construction of four new high-capacity underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street, Roma Street and redevelopment of the existing Dutton Park station.
One project team, building career opportunities for you.
Reporting to the Testing & Commissioning Manager, this role sits within the Testing & Commissioning team. You will contribute to the project by implementing initiatives that support Everyone Safe, Every Day.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to a culture of "Safety and Health above all else".
- Ensure safety systems and procedures are implemented and followed to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Actively participate in the development of Safe Work Method Statements.
- Work with engineers, supervisors and workforce representatives to ensure the hierarchy of controls are used to eliminate risks.
- Conduct regular formal inspections of subcontractors work to ensure the SWMS covers all the work being done, that the controls listed in the SWMS comply with hierarchy of controls, and that controls are implemented and effective.
- Actively involve and coach project supervisors and personnel to support their ongoing development and knowledge of WHS processes and practices.
- Ensure actions from inspections, audits, incident investigations, observations, hazard reports, staff meetings and workforce meetings are captured, recorded and followed through until closed out.
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated experience as a safety lead on a building, infrastructure or relevant project.
- Previous experience working with teams undertaking testing & commissioning works.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work System.
- Strong external and internal stakeholder engagement skills.
- ICAM lead investigator (desired).
- Strong understanding of safely working with electricity/pressure testing pipework.
At CBGU JV, we are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and we encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CBGU JV partners directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.