Job Type: Full time
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The Waikeria Prison Development Project is a $750 million construction project based in the heart of the Waikato. This project will provide leading edge facilities to the Department of Corrections, and will deliver accommodation for 500 prisoners, along with a secure mental health unit providing additional care for prisoners.
Are you interested in working on New Zealand’s largest Public/Private Partnership project? Of being part of a team of over 800 people to deliver a state-of-the-art prison facility valued at over $750 million. Do you want to be challenged in a role in which no two days are the same, and where you will be encouraged to find creative solutions to unique problems? Then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Safety & Health Advisor who has what it takes to thrive in their role as part of a complex, largescale project.
Reporting to the Safety & Health Manager, you will be responsible for assisting a team achieving optimum safety outcomes and assist the team to achieve production and cost outcomes in a safe environment. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your previous success, learnings, and knowledge, gained from a successful health and safety career, whilst mentoring staff and sub-contractors to achieve best possible outcomes for all.
This is an ideal role for anyone looking for the next big step in their career- there aren’t many projects bigger than this one, so it’s not an opportunity you’ll want to miss!
As the ideal candidate, you will be a problem solver, a strategist, and an analyst. On a project as complex as this, you should be adaptable and ready to think outside the box.
You will also be someone who can build rapport and establish networks with internal stakeholders, clients, and subcontractors from a variety of backgrounds and walks of life. We value diversity and want someone who values people just as much as projects!
Ideally, you should also have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on construction projects in a safety related position.
- High level of skill in conducting and interpreting audits and reviews
- High level experience in quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Capability and experience in delivering training in high-risk activities such as working at heights, confined space, and rescue training.
- High level of skill and experience in developing, analysing, and reporting on complex project performance
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to engage with subcontractors, and to communicate with people at all levels to ensure safety and compliance in relation to CPB Contractors requirements.
In addition to the invaluable experience that this role will provide, we offer a few more incentives if you’re still not convinced how great this opportunity is:
- A fully integrated career development system- plenty of opportunities for professional growth including personal training, opportunities for career mobility and a comprehensive career information portal
- A rewards system that recognises those who go the extra mile- what you put in is what you get out.
- A workplace culture that will support you every step of the way- we’re in this together and you will be a valued member of our team!
- We frequently organise social gatherings, company events, and activities to make our workplace an enjoyable place to be
Opportunities like this don’t come around often, so don’t waste time in applying!
All potential CPB Contractor’s employees will require the right to work in New Zealand and complete a range of pre-employment checks, including Ministry of justice checks, reference checking and qualification checks.