Job Type: Full time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in 2018.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As an experienced Safety Advisor with a background in civil & electrical construction, you will actively drive the HSE culture on site while providing support and coordination of safety and environmental practices, systems and procedures with our Mechanical & Electrical Team.
As Safety Advisor you will be accountable for:
- Develop processes, implement and monitor programs to provide a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections as per audit schedules and risk profile of the works
- Undertake regular safety monitoring activities, ensuring compliance to safety management systems, contractor agreements and contracts, relevant legislation and business requirements.
- Participate in and provide guidance to contractors and stakeholders during on site safety engagements, inspections, audits and the like.
- Coordinate and lead incident investigations to determine causes and mitigating and preventative measures. Overseeing and managing the appropriateness and level of implementation of such measures; with ongoing monitoring of compliance.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Diploma or higher in Safety or related field
- 3+ years in Safety roles in high Risk construction – Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Roads experience recommended.
- Extensive experience of workplace and contractor safety management processes within complex environments.
- Well-developed understanding in the interpretation of Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading incident investigations including the development of reports and close out of corrective actions
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.