Job Type: Full time
The Spark Consortium has been selected to deliver the Central Package of the North East Link Project - Victoria's biggest road project.
The Spark Consortium’s Design and Construction Contractor - which comprises Webuild, CPB Contractors, GS Engineering and Construction and China Construction Oceania - will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project.
The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads. The project is due for completion late 2028.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Planner to join the North East Link project. You will support the delivery of a profitable project to time, cost, quality, and compliance dimensions, and effectively document design and construction strategies, methods and programs for Project Plans and Schedules including contributing to their development and refinement.
As the Senior Planner you will be accountable for:
- Implementing planning strategies and reviews.
- Ensuring project planning activities are conducted in accordance with parent company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring monitoring and reporting of Project Controls processes are successfully set up and implemented.
- Interfacing with project teams, partners, clients, stakeholders, consultants, designers, vendors, subcontractors for management of the planning function.
- Proactively demonstrate a planning and controls culture across the team based on best practice with a focus on risk management, cost control and SQE.
- Early identification and communication of issues and opportunities.
- Identifying the need for training in the use of planning and programming systems, project monitoring & controls and the interpretation of data and information generated.
- Collaboration, consultation and cooperation with project staff to coordinate information flow for the performance of the planning and controls functions, including for the performance of subcontractors.
- Undertaking the implementation of project monitoring systems, particularly focusing on time, cost, resources & quality (project controls & earned value).
- Ensuring that planning and controls reports generated across project(s) provide maximum cost and time forecasting certainty for the project.
Our requirement for this role is:
- Tertiary degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines - Engineering, Construction, Building, Sciences, Architecture or Project Management, or equivalent experience.
- Proven project delivery experience in infrastructure or building as a Graduate Engineer, Site Engineer or Project Engineer roles or similar role (e.g. Tradesperson, supervisor)
- Proven experience in tender, delivery and strategic planning
- Able to collaboratively develop and manage complex programs
- Excellent communicator within project team and ability to establish relationships at all levels
- Experience in planning Civil, Rail or Building projects. Including Major Infrastructure projects
- Proven competency with current industry standard planning software including Primavera P6 (or other leading Enterprise CPM software), OPRA, Asta Powerproject, Microsoft Project, Synchro, Navisworks, SketchUp, TILOS, Chainlink
- Ability to report on new projects aligned to CMS and best practice including effective Dashboards & KPM's
- Preferably experienced in 4D planning and BIM
- Proven competency in the majority of the following: Schedule Reliability Analysis, Last Planner, Critical Path Methodology, Design Planning, Earned Value Management, Schedule Risk Analysis, Forensic Planning
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to register your interest and please also subscribe to ‘Job Alerts’ to be notified of upcoming opportunities with SPARK.
Whilst we are keen to hear from candidates with proven infrastructure project experience or experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor to be a part of an iconic construction project in Melbourne, Victoria, we also will consider applicants that are seeking to enter or re-enter the industry.
SPARK is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the North East Link Central Package. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences, and perspectives.