Job Type: Full time
Environmental Advisor- Sydney Metro, Western Sydney Airport (CPBG JV)
CPB Contractors in joint venture with Ghella have been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the Sydney Metro - Western Sydney Airport Station Boxes and Tunnelling Works (WSA-SBT). The project will involve the design and construction of a new metro tunnel around 9.8 kilometres in length between St Marys in the north and the Aerotropolis Core precinct in the south.
The design and construction scope includes the following:
- two sections of twin running, tunnel boring machines, tunnels with a total combined length of approximately 9.8 km, plus associated portal dive structures and tunnel support activities
- station box excavations with temporary ground support at St Marys, Orchard Hills, Western Sydney Airport Terminal, Western Sydney Aerotropolis and two intermediate service facilities, one in each of the tunnel sections.
Major works are scheduled to commence in 2022 and continue until 2025.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced Environment Advisors to join the team our iconic and exciting project in Sydney's West. Reporting to the Environmental and Sustainability Manger you will be:
- Provide detailed, accurate and strong advice on relevant Environmental actions, legislations and procedures
- Development and implementation of site specific environmental documents regulatory compliance applications Licensing and variations.
- Develop and manage the environmental co-ordinators and graduates
- Overseeing implementation of the environmental induction program, training site inspection, reporting monitoring and audit programs
- Responding to staff, client, and stakeholder environmental and approval enquires
- Assist the Project Environment and Sustainability Manager in the investigation and close out of environmental events
You want to be part of something bigger, whatever the challenge you see it as the chance to create value. Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary (Bachelor) degree in Environmental Management or associated disciplines
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in similar environmental space, preferably on Major Infrastructure projects
- Excellent communication and consultation skills with strong attention to detail
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements - have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What we offer
- The opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney’s infrastructure with a Tier 1 construction company
- Longevity of employment - we have an impressive pipeline of future opportunities to help you shape your career
- A culture that values diversity, innovation, respect and teamwork
How to apply
We are seeking applications from candidates who have proven experience working on major urban infrastructure projects, including road and tunnel construction.
Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications, construction industry induction (white card), drivers’ licence and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
CPB Contractors and Ghella are equal opportunity employers, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.