Tunnel Senior Safety Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Tunnel Senior Safety Advisor - Western Sydney Airport
CPB Contractors in joint venture with Ghella have been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the Sydney Metro - Western Sydney Airport Station Boxes and Tunnelling Works (WSA-SBT). The project will involve the design and construction of a new metro tunnel around 9.8 kilometres in length between St Marys in the north and the Aerotropolis Core precinct in the south (the area to be called Bradfield). The design and construction scope includes the following:
- two sections of twin running, tunnel boring machines, tunnels with a total combined length of approximately 9.8 km, plus associated portal dive structures and tunnel support activities
- station box excavations with temporary ground support at St Marys, Orchard Hills, Western Sydney Airport Terminal, Western Sydney Aerotropolis and two intermediate service facilities, one in each of the tunnel sections.
Major works are scheduled to commence in 2022 and continue until 2025.
We are accepting applications for an experienced Senior Tunnel Safety Advisor to join our iconic and exciting project in Sydney’s West. The purpose of this role is to support the project's safety function and provide leadership and coordination of safety practices, systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing processes, implement and monitor programs to provide a safe working environment for all project staff
- Conducting health and safety audits and inspections as per audit schedules and risk profile of the works
- Undertaking regular safety monitoring activities, ensuring compliance to safety management systems, contractor agreements and contracts, relevant legislation and business requirements.
- Participating in and provide guidance to contractors and stakeholders during onsite safety engagements, inspections and audits
- Coordinating and conducting safety training/workshops, assessments and inductions for project team members.
- Assisting in the development and analysis of hazard and risk identification processes, and the application of suitable controls
- Driving health and wellbeing initiatives
- Managing and supporting injured workers to return to pre injury duties
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years experience working on construction projects in a safety related position
- Solid knowledge of Safety Management System techniques and tools
- Experience in qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls
- Skill in conducting and interpreting audits and reviews
- Experience in delivering training in high risk activities such as working at heights, confined space and rescue training
- Experience in developing, analyzing and reporting on complex project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
- Knowledge of WHS legislation and statutes and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to Project
What we offer
- The opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney’s infrastructure with a Tier 1 construction company
- Longevity of employment - we have an impressive pipeline of future opportunities to help you shape your career
- A culture that values diversity, innovation, respect and teamwork
How to apply
We are seeking applications from candidates who have proven experience working on major urban infrastructure projects, including road and tunnel construction.
Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications, construction industry induction (white card), drivers’ licence and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
CPB Contractors and Ghella are equal opportunity employers, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.