Gaming Machine Attendant
Job Type: Part time
Your mission: To create remarkable experiences for our guests by offering the highest level of customer service to our patrons.
At Crown Perth memorable experiences are created by being passionate and working together. We are currently looking for a customer focused superstar to join the team as a Part Time Gaming Machine Attendant. The role of a Gaming Machine Attendant is one of the most dynamic and fast paced positions in the Casino, with this physical position involving plenty of activity navigating the casino to provide swift support to our customers. You will be able to pick up processes quickly and think on your feet with lightning speed, whilst maintaining high levels of customer engagement and a winning smile.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers with payouts, jackpots and general queries relating to the machines
- Providing information on Crown Perth’s facilities and promotions
- Ensuring the Gaming Machine areas are maintained and presented to the highest standard
- Consistently deliver exceptional service to create memorable experiences for our guests
- Display a committed, positive, and proactive attitude towards the role
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to compliance
- Develop and maintain knowledge relevant to the department and complex
To be successful for this opportunity you will possess:
- Exceptional customer service with the goal to deliver a friendly, positive, and quality experience for customers
- Confident in proactively engaging and building rapport with customers
- Ability to work in a high demand environment and still maintain professionalism
- Experience in the Gaming, Hospitality or Retail industry is preferred
- Availability to work a 24/7 rotating roster with no restrictions
Applications Close Friday 3rd February 2023
*Crown Perth reserve the right to review and progress with potential candidates before the application closing date. Please note, there is a possibility this position may be filled within this timeframe.
The successful candidate will also be required to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Casino Employee License from the Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries.
For more information about this position please contact Recruitment on 9362 8099.
Our Crown Community celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.