Head of Unit Plant Engineering
Job Type: Full time
At CS Energy we’re big enough to power change and small enough to empower you to make it happen.
Our vision is to be an Australian energy leader, renowned for our safe, reliable and affordable energy solutions. And we have a clear strategy to help us get there.
This includes continuing to deliver on our core business to generate and sell electricity; playing our part in powering Australian homes and businesses. We’re also looking to the future – diversifying our products, services, and technologies to stay competitive in an evolving market. And we’re delivering our strategy within a culture that puts safety first.
As we transform our business, we are empowering our people to explore new ways of thinking and working. It’s an exciting time to join an organisation that truly values unique perspectives.
The Head of Unit Plant Engineering is a member of the Asset Management leadership team. Reporting to the Executive General Manager Asset Management, the Head of Unit Plant Engineering delivers engineering support to the Operations and Maintenance teams as well as other key stakeholders as required.
This position is responsible for leading, managing and delivering professional engineering and asset management services to appropriate standards which support the realisation of Unit availability, flexibility and optimisation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of Unit Plant Engineering Team
- Technical leadership of Unit Plant including as the Principal RPEQ for Unit Plant and ensuring compliance to related regulatory requirements
- Systematically assesses and understands current plant condition
- Develops asset strategies, lifecycle plans and plant and equipment strategies
- Understands plant losses and key issues to then builds and deliver improvement plans
- Develops projects and solutions to sustain or improve cost effective plant performance
- Develops optimised outage scopes
- Identifies asset risks and confirms adequate controls are in place
- Governs modifications to Unit Plant
- Applies innovative solutions to plant problems
- Leads technical and other investigations, where required
- Provision of agreed professional engineering services to customers
To be successful in this position you will:
- Hold tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) or have the ability to obtain
- Have extensive experience in engineering in heavy industry, preferably in thermal power stations and relish sharing your knowledge, skills and capabilities with other
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple teams, across various sites, align effort and engage team members to deliver necessary outcomes
- A passionate leader with demonstrated commitment to individual and team development and learning
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to convey key messages to a broad audience.
This opportunity is a permanent position and is ideal for a motivated engineering leader who strives to make a difference every day. A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate, along with the opportunity to work in a friendly and rewarding work environment.
This is your chance to influence CS Energy’s future success. You will enjoy the support of a committed and engaged leadership team who share a genuine ambition to transform CS Energy’s business.
Energy is changing, and so are we. If you’re ready to be a part of it, apply now!
JOB CLOSING DATE
Friday, 2 December 2022