Senior Payroll Officer
Job Type: Full time
CS Energy is a Queensland energy company that has more than 500 employees, operates two power stations and has a trading portfolio of 3,535 megawatts. CS Energy's core business is the generation and sale of electricity in the National Electricity Market, dispatching 30 per cent of Queensland's electricity output.
CS Energy is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be supplied to those who require additional support.
You will be responsible for efficient, accurate and high-quality payroll services and the maintenance of CS Energy’s HRIS (SAP and Success Factors) which is essential for workflows, employees’ access, authorities and financial delegations.
You will contribute to the application and monitoring of payroll related practices and procedures and participates in cross functional projects to deliver value for the Payroll, HR functions and Finance teams. Process and system improvement are key requirement of this role along with building effective working relationships with the broader workforce to ensure a superior payroll advisory service is provided.
Ideally you will have completed a degree in a relevant discipline and perform well under pressure while being a confident decision maker who takes a natural accountability for all things payroll. In addition, you have the ability to multitask, adapt, plan and prioritise in an industry that by nature can be reactive.
Our preferred candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years Payroll experience in an end-to-end processing environment using SAP and Success Factors,
- Ability to answer a range payroll queries relating to Superannuation, taxation, novated leases, leave reconciliations, general payroll deductions and roster changes.
- Experience in end of month activities for paying payroll vendors, payroll tax, child support and leave reconciliation provisions
- Org Structure changes, understanding the working relationships of positions and org units
- Experience to SAP Spinifex reporting tool, in running and developing Payroll Reports
- Experience maintaining HRIS solutions in a challenging and complex environment
- Advanced Payroll/HRIS reporting capabilities, including data extraction and manipulation
- Advanced Excel skills will be a mandatory requirement for this role and will be used extensively
- Experience in interpreting legislation, awards and agreements
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail in ensuring that all data presented in both a financial reporting and payroll capacity is accurate
- A proactive and motivated approach to problem solving and enjoy contributing to creating solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is your chance to influence CS Energy’s future success. You will enjoy the support of a committed and engaged leadership team who share a genuine ambition to transform CS Energy’s business.
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
5:00pm, AEST on Wednesday, 1 February 2023.