Senior Solutions Architect
Job Type: Full time
At CS Energy we’re big enough to power change and small enough to empower you to make it happen.
Our vision is to be an Australian energy leader, renowned for our safe, reliable and affordable energy solutions. And we have a clear strategy to help us get there. This includes continuing to deliver on our core business to generate and sell electricity; playing our part in powering Australian homes and businesses. We’re also looking to the future – diversifying our products, services, and technologies to stay competitive in an evolving market. And we’re delivering our strategy within a culture that puts safety first.
As we transform our business, we are empowering our people to explore new ways of thinking and working. It’s an exciting time to join an organisation that truly values unique perspectives.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, Enterprise Solutions, the Solutions Architect is a key member and trusted advisor of the team and owns the architecture and design for all existing and new systems for CS Energy’s corporate functions.
The role proactively collaborates closely with business stakeholders, the wider IT team and external vendor & partners, to achieve immediate and long-term business outcomes through modern technology. The role would also contribute to the ongoing development of Enterprise Architecture and the IT architecture capability for CS Energy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of technology investments and the definition of architecture best practices.
- Assess the systems architecture currently in place, recommend solutions to upgrade, replace, or decommission.
- Make holistic decisions incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand and gather their needs, capture functional specifications; and define and design technology solutions and improvements to assist business in meeting their strategic vision
- Design and deliver an enterprise solution technical vision using bespoke applications, commercial off the shelf applications, hybrid (on-premise and cloud) and IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS components.
- Prepare and present architectural artefacts such as solution design documents, specifications, white papers, and technical presentations, to which the solution is defined, managed, tested, and delivered.
- Reviewing and updating existing documentation, as well as creating documents in line with best practice.
- Evaluate project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and perform process re-engineering if required.
To be successful securing this opportunity you will have prior experience with the following:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similarly related field.
- TOGAF Certification (or similar) desirable
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, ITIL etc.) also well regarded
- Experience in development of solutions and systems architecture
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions for or that integrate with SAP or other ERP platforms
- Understanding of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman etc,)
- Knowledge of designing solutions with RPA tools, integration and middleware tools such as Dell Boomi, data warehouses like Snowflake, and current data analysis and reporting frameworks and toolsets
- Experience within the Electricity industry is desired
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
1 Feb 2023