Utility Trade Worker
Job Type: Full time
CS Energy is a Queensland energy company that has more than 500 employees, operates two power stations and has a trading portfolio of 3,535 megawatts. CS Energy's core business is the generation and sale of electricity in the National Electricity Market, dispatching 30 per cent of Queensland's electricity output.
CS Energy is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be supplied to those who require additional support.
Kogan Creek Power Station is located within the vibrant Western Downs community near Chinchilla. The relaxed western Queensland lifestyle is popular with families and singles alike. The region boasts several schools, sporting clubs and a strong community spirit. CS Energy offers a range of benefits for regional employees including relocation assistance, education assistance, holiday travel scheme and housing assistance.
As part of the Maintenance Team. Your role is to utilise relevant competencies and maintenance skills to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner to ensure Kogan Creek power station equipment is maintained effectively, within plant strategies for maximum reliability and availability.
This positions assists tradespersons with preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance to meet specific production maintenance and business targets. identifying plant defects and reporting back to your supervisor in a timely manner.
Other duties that are to be undertaken from time to time within this role but are not limited to are
- lubrication activities
- site, plant & workshop cleaning
- rigging & scaffolding
- Mobile machinery operation e.g., forklift, Other duties as directed by Supervisor or Trade Maintainer
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Certification for Elevated working platform, Forklift, Riggers and Doggers (Nationally Accredited High Risk Licence)
- Hold a Manual Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in large thermal power generating plant or similar heavy industry is desirable
- Sound knowledge of lubrication principles and practices
- Previous exposure to working within SAP preferred
- Mobile Crane (Nationally Accredited High-Risk Licence) will be looked on favourably
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
5:00pm AEST on Tuesday, 7 February 2022