Strategy Consultant CSIRO Futures
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Are you a recent or upcoming graduate seeking a career in a leading strategic consultancy?
- Shape government and industry investments across a broad range of CSIRO’s science and technology domains
- Showcase your strong market research and analytical abilities
CSIRO Futures is the strategic and economic advisory arm of CSIRO – Australia’s national science agency.
Why join CSIRO Futures?
- Work on globally impactful challenges – We work with forward thinking industry and government customers to tackle the world’s most important challenges, including energy transition, sustainable food production and resilient healthcare systems.
- Unparalleled access to scientific expertise – CSIRO sits at the cutting edge of science and technology. CSIRO Futures has direct access to over 5,000 world leading researchers and technologists to ensure our insights are deeper and more evidence-based than other consultancies.
- Innovate for Australia’s future – We draw on our extensive consulting and economic analysis capabilities to identify growth opportunities in existing and emerging industries, and develop strategies for how Australia can pursue them.
- Professional development – Beyond CSIRO’s commitment to dedicated learning and development days, the complex and multi-stakeholder nature of CSIRO Futures projects provides an opportunity to engage with senior decision makers across the country from day 1 compared to other consultancies.
- Flexible working arrangements – Our team offers a variety of flexible working arrangements including working from home.
This entry level role will play a key role in delivering market research, analysis and consultation assistance. Typical projects will focus on understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends in a particular industry sector, and how science, technology and innovation can assist in unlocking these opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Gather, understand, analyse and synthesise large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Extract information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Provide detailed and accurate information/reports based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Actively develop a working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Salary: AU$66,163 to AU$84,207 pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field that includes a significant analytical/technical component.
- Strong market research skills with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of technical information, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience in developing robust insights and clearly communicating them through written deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in science and technology.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Desirable:
- Experience generating quality client-facing written reports and deliverables in a professional capacity (e.g., professional services firm or similar) to inform senior corporate and government decision making.
- Experience analysing new technologies, developing technology strategies or roadmaps, or explaining the benefits of technology in business terms.
- Qualifications and/or experience in a combination of scientific or engineering discipline and a business, finance or economics related field.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
1) Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or 2) Australian Temporary Resident, with an existing valid visa and unrestricted work rights for the duration of the 3 year term, and no requirement for visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday 21st October 2022 AEDT.