Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Provide high-level administrative support to CSIRO’s Governance Director and Leadership Team
- Flexible working arrangements, a mix of home and office
- A fast-paced and diverse role at a purpose-lead organisation
CSIRO have an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator to join CSIRO’s Governance Team. CSIRO Governance is responsible for facilitating the organisation’s legal and regulatory compliance and provides foundations for all staff at CSIRO to thrive at work.
As the Governance Co-ordinator, you will provide secretariat support to the Director and Leadership Team and assist the delivery of efficient day to day enterprise operations. In consultation with the Director, you’ll supervise and coordinate the collation of information, prepare reports on performance, and make recommendations on ways to improve efficiency and service delivery. You’ll contribute valuable administrative services across Governance, enabling the team to meet their objectives in line with CSIRO’s strategy.
You possess experience delivering across different facets of the administration/co-ordination scope within a complex or large organisation. You’re confident with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and are pragmatic when it comes to creating solutions. As this role will see you engage with a range of stakeholders across CSIRO, your ability to build trusted relationships will be key to your success.
If you are a passionate administrator/co-ordinator interested in making an impact through your work, this could be the next chapter in your career. Join team CSIRO and make an impact at Australia’s National Science Agency!
Your duties will include:
- Monitoring and addressing complex and/or sensitive enquiries and issues, including those that are escalated, to ensure their timely and effective resolution
- Providing diary management and email monitoring/triaging for the Director.
- Providing secretariat support to a range of forums chaired by the Director of Governance, managing logistics for events and acting as a central point of contact for HR, Communications, and other support functions (such as Health and Safety).
- In consultation with the Director, supervising and coordinating the collection and collation of information, preparing reports on business unit performance, providing high-level administrative support to the Governance leadership team (and the broader enterprise) and make recommendations to improve efficiency, cost management, and service delivery.
- Providing a support service by way of participation in the planning of group activities frequently encountering ambiguity and showing initiative in interpreting policies and procedures.
- Promoting records management processes and procedures for the department to ensure technical information, documentation, and drawings are developed, maintained, and controlled to best practice standards.
- Delivering multiple administrative support activities and services by agreed standards, timeframes, and milestones, given tight timeframes and the need to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to a manager or team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Proven experience working with internal and external stakeholders, complex teams, and senior management to achieve organisational objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and nurture relationships as well as adapt and adjust responses to influence and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated experience finding solutions and achieving outcomes when presented with ambiguous requests at a high volume and in a complex environment within set timeframes
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing improved processes to support efficient and effective performance to achieve faster, better, lower cost, more efficiency, better quality, and improved client satisfaction.
- Good knowledge of Excel in the development of custom solutions and analytics while conversant with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Adaptability to a changing work environment, systems, and processes with a commitment to continue building skills and knowledge.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th October 2022 11:00pm AEST