Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- 2 ongoing positions available - one at each of our Parkes & Armidale locations!
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the site from a facilities management aspect
- Be part of a team that supports CSIRO’s Science & Research activities
CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) - (Property Services) is seeking 2 Facilities Coordinators.
As a Facilities Coordinator, you will report to the Regional State Manager within the Queensland and Country New South Wales Region (QCN). Your role won’t ever be dull, as you will be responsible for the general day to day facility operations, and management of maintenance, repairs and facility services on the site.
Operations include “hard services” such as Building and Equipment repairs and maintenance related work and “Soft Services” such as Cleaning, Security, Waste Management and Grounds Maintenance.
Your role will ensure compliance with CSIRO policies and procedures including procurement, contractor security, inductions and similar activities that may have an impact on site and personnel, operations, safety and the environment. Maintaining records of essential services and statutory maintenance requirements. Health Safety & Environment (HSE) is highly valued within CSIRO and you will be responsible for fostering a safe work environment.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining effective day-to-day relationships with all internal and external clients on-site in respect to the provision of Property Infrastructure services.
- Developing facility operational and maintenance plans and budgets, coordinating the activities, monitoring cash flows and reporting on the site maintenance activities.
- Providing specific technical advice and guidance on facilities and services to internal clients and staff.
- Liaising with Building Owners and Managers with regards to agreements and building compliance, lease reviews, contracts and relationship management.
- Undertaking Facilities Condition Audit assessments and annual reviews of site facilities and services and updating the Maintenance Plan data.
- Supervising and administering the daily property services works undertaken by contractors and CBIS staff, to ensure compliance with programs and contracts.
Location: CSIRO Parkes and Armidale
Salary: AU$87,068k - AU$ 98,504k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Willingness to participate in mandatory out of hours work and in the afterhours call-out. Call out responsibilities covers the site and applicants will require the physical ability to be able to access all equipment in all locations within the site.
- A current driver’s license
- Relevant trade and/or tertiary qualification and/or proven related experience in managing facilities and services on a science facility.
- Experience and knowledge in the delivery of facility management services including “hard services” such as repairs, maintenance and minor mechanical, electrical and building works; and “soft services” including security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance and accommodation relocations for a diverse range of complex research and support facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, guidance and review of mechanical and electrical services and systems with a sound knowledge of regulations and standards.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 October 2022 11:00pm AEST