Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Apply your strong administrative and coordination skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment!
- Exciting full-time opportunity with flexible work arrangements and a very supportive team culture!
- Vital role supporting two deputy directors in Agriculture and Food business unit of CSIRO
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food’s research from gene to plate increases productivity and efficiencies at the farm level, improving the quality and yield of Australian crops, developing innovative food processing technologies, creating new value-added foods and growing the nation’s livestock, aquaculture and fishery industries. We have a diverse range of people and partnerships that span Australia and 25 countries, fostering a shared vision to create measurable economic, environmental, and social impact.
We are looking for a proactive and highly motivated Administrative Officer to join CSIRO Ag and Food business unit to play a significant role within the team in organising and managing the busy desk of two Deputy Directors. In this key operational support role, you will use your exceptional organisational and administrative skills to efficiently and proactively support a range of operational activities, and use best practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the business unit.
If you enjoy working with minimal direction and being creative with your ideas and suggestion to improve the way we handle our projects, processes, and programs and be proactive and confident in asking the right questions at the right time then do not hesitate to apply.
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical support to the Deputy Directors in dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Ensuring prioritised issues for the Deputy Director’s attention are effectively managed in a timely manner.
- Preparing meeting agendas, minutes and initiating follow‐up action and reviewing correspondence and reports dealing with routine matters.
- Assisting with travel arrangements and contributing to administrative projects or issues as required.
- Supporting the Executive Officer with LT and BU activities by developing and maintaining functional networks to provide effective operational support.
Location: Brisbane (QLD) or Canberra (ACT) preferred
Salary: AU$68k - AU$86k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated extensive experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a line manager and/or team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information, and ideas and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands and escalate issues when required.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, show initiative and adaptability and the ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, using appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological, structural and procedural changes and maintain professionalism and flexibility.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens; Australian Permanent Residents with full work rights. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
04 December 2022, 11:00pm AEDT