Administration Officer - Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Support key management and project activities at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
- Liaise closely with agencies and individuals across CSIRO as well as nationally and internationally
- Draw on your professionalism and strong judgement providing confidential assistance to the Office of the Deputy Director
The Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) helps protect Australia’s multi-billion-dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
As an Administration Officer with the ACDP, you will provide administrative, project and financial support services to the ACDP Directorate and primarily to the ACDP Deputy Director. Working alongside the administrative support team within the ACDP Directorate, you will undertake a range of tasks for the Centre, as well as for various projects. Using a high level of discretion and confidentiality, you will bring initiative and an ability to manage and coordinate key relationships with various diverse activities. For success in the role, you will be familiar with administrative procedures for project management, and have the ability to work with various systems to assist in preparing complex milestone reports.
Your duties will be focussed in the following key areas:
- Administrative support to the Deputy Director
- General administrative tasks
- Diary Management
Location: Geelong – Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), VIC
Salary: AU$68k - AU$86k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite – Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced research, academic or clinical environment.
- Highly developed administration skills, including advanced abilities in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong judgement and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Proof reading and writing skills, and the ability to effectively collate information from various sources.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to work co-operatively as a contributor to teams and to interact effectively with scientific and industry stakeholders.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian Citizens only.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact. CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday 5 February, 2023 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.