Scientist Recombinant Proteins, Molecular Biology
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity available for a Scientist, Recombinant Proteins to join our Research team, based at Bio21 Institute, in the heart of Melbourne's Biomed Precinct. Working with Director and Senior Scientists within the Recombinant Proteins Group, you will apply high quality scientific skills to achieve specified project goals within defined time parameters. You will work both autonomously and in collaboration with other members of the Recombinant Proteins Group and be involved in the generation and engineering of recombinant proteins and general molecular biology activities.
Reporting to the Senior Scientist, Recombinant Proteins, you will:
- Provide and apply well-developed scientific and technical capability in respect of small to large-scale mammalian cell culture, and recombinant protein generation using up-to-date transient transfection techniques to meet key project objectives
- Provide and apply well-developed scientific and technical capability in respect of molecular biology such as generating plasmid expression constructs to meet main project goals
- Provide and apply well-developed scientific and technical capability for evaluation of protein expression using biochemical techniques, performing data analysis using DNA sequence analysis and scientific graphing programs and tracking generation of recombinant proteins using information management systems
- Maintain awareness of new scientific/technical strategies in the area of medium to large-scale recombinant protein generation in mammalian cells
- In collaboration with the team, manage experimental work relevant to project specific goals
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Biological Science along with laboratory experience in molecular biology, mammalian cell culture and biochemical techniques
- 2+ years of experience working within a research or biotechnology environment would be a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated expertise in academic or industrial environment
- Experience in relevant recombinant protein generation technologies
- Experience in relevant Molecular Biology techniques
- Experience in Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
Apply now to join a purpose-driven, values-based company committed to protecting public health!
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Application Close: 9 October 2022
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving medicines, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives through innovation. Learn more about CSL.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL!