Senior Automation Engineer / MES Engineer
Job Type: Full time
A full-time permanent position has become available for a Senior Automation/MES Engineer (internally referred to as Senior Value Stream Recipe Owner) to join us in the Execution Systems department at CSL Behring Broadmeadows. We provide MES, Automation and control systems expertise for the CSL Behring Broadmeadows Manufacturing site. With significant investment in our pharmaceutical manufacturing facility you'll work with the latest systems and equipment as part of this high performing team.
Reporting to the Automation Lead, you will:
- Oversee the implementation of the Process Control Systems (PCS)/ Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) process recipes and systems related to the Bulk Manufacturing value stream
- Provide life cycle support for Manufacturing Execution and Automation Control Systems including technical support for projects, operational support (including after hours support), preventative maintenance and improvement plans
- Work with Project Managers and partners (including Quality, Facilities, Engineering, Manufacturing and Health & Safety) to ensure execution systems project deliverables are ready in time and of high-quality for the different milestones throughout projects
- Ensure the recipe design and implementation meet Engineering and Manufacturing requirements for operating the manufacturing facilities
- Ensure all work performed is of high-quality and in compliance with pharmaceutical regulations and CSL procedures and provide a contribution to audit inspection activities
Your skills and experience
- At least 5 years or more working experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems/Automation design and support
- Degree in the discipline of Computer Science; Mechatronics; Computer Systems Engineering or a similar field
- Direct experience supporting Automation and Execution Systems in a regulated large-scale process-based manufacturing environment
- Capability to fault find and resolve complex MES / Control System issues
- Experience technically leading of complex DCS/PCS /Automation projects with integrated MES systems from initial development through validation
- Experience in recipe and workflow authoring and experience configuring master data and equipment in MES
- Experience in process automation, MES and batch manufacturing industry standards
- Pharmaceutical experience and a knowledge of GMP principles is desirable
- Experience in Siemens PCS7, Siemens Opcenter or JAG control systems would be beneficial
How to apply
Apply now for a role in a global organisation going through considerable investment and innovation.
Applications close Monday 10th October 2022.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!