Fitter / Mechanical Technician
Job Type: Full time
Due to internal moves, an exciting opportunity exists for a Mechanical Technician (Fitter Bulk) within the Maintenance Services Mechanical Team. The Department provides essential engineering and maintenance support services on the CSL Behring Broadmeadows site. This includes providing support to manufacturing facilities for fractionation of human plasma into pharmaceutical products.
CSL Behring (Broadmeadows) is undergoing extensive and positive change as we expand our capability and capacity. In addition to contributing to Australia’s export economy, CSL has invested in substantial new manufacturing facilities at Broadmeadows that will provide Australia with further high skills science and manufacturing employment opportunities and strengthen capabilities to develop and commercialise future new medicines onshore in Australia.
Please note this role is initially a 12 month fixed term opportunity. An attractive remuneration package, allowances, shift loading and overtime is available in this role.
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer - Bulk you will possess experience conducting preventative maintenance tasks, inspections, corrective and breakdown maintenance on process, plant and equipment. This includes:
- Working on a wide range of pumps, including overhauling and maintaining rotary lobe, centrifugal, liquid ring and diaphragm pumps
- Working inside tanks following confined space entry procedures to conduct inspections.
- Working on vessel agitators, heat exchangers and a wide range of valves
- Working on steam and condensate systems, including demonstrated experience working on pressure reducing valves and steam traps.
- Conduct welding maintenance repairs and fabrication work to address process or equipment related issues. Demonstrated proficiency in TIG stainless steel welding.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet business needs, including afterhours work. Facility shutdown period and after hours availability is expected in support of manufacturing (on-call roster).
To be successful
- Indentured qualification as a Mechanical Technician/ Fitter & Turner or similar trade qualification
- Honest, well-mannered, highly motivated and enjoy utilising your initiative to solve mechanical related problems in the process and plant environment
- Work autonomously
- Experience working within a regulated/GMP environment and an understanding of the strict hygiene and traceability standards that apply will be highly regarded
- Familiarity with Microsoft software packages and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Strong commitment to Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.
Apply now to join a growing pharmaceutical site working in clean and well managed facilities! Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume in the one document
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!