QC Immunology Analyst
Job Type: Full time
This is an excellent opportunity to join our dedicated Quality Control (QC) Immunology team in Parkville who every day make a difference in people’s lives, protecting communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats. This is a full time, fixed term position until end December 2024 and the role is based on a 73.5 hours per fortnight. Working hours can fluctuate according to scheduling requirements and some weekend and weekday overtime may be required.
Reporting to the QC Team Leader or Specialist you will support the team to test products in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), regulatory and requirements and QC procedures.
Specifically you will:
- Support the team and ensure the assays performed in each department are prepared and completed in accordance with the code of GMP
- Follow approved procedures, perform a range of qualitative and/or quantitative procedures: Immunodiffusion Potency assays of intermediates, Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for IVV products, bulk formulation and dispensed IVV products
- Help maintain quality records and documents, including using LIMS for data entry of QC test results and maintaining stock levels for all items as required;
- Participate in investigations of Out of Specification (OOS) test results, invalid assays or when unusual data is observed;
- Actively seek, recommend and implement improvements to enhance quality within each functional area.
Your skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in science, applied science or biotech and/or minimum of 2 years relevant laboratory experience ideally in a busy lab
- Background in Bio Chemistry or Immunology highly regarded
- Any exposure in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment highly regarded
- Experience in general assay preparation and maintaining testing records
- Experience using Laboratory Information Systems for data entry and inquiry functions
- Experience preparing scientific reports
How to apply
If you are looking to develop your skills and gain exposure to the bigger picture, please apply with your CV and cover letter (in one document) and include the reference number R-190921. Applications will close Tuesday, 6th December 2022.
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!