Senior Director Molecular Biology
Job Type: Full time
An excellent opportunity is available for a Senior Director, Molecular Biology to join our Research team based at the Bio21 Institute, in the heart of Melbourne's Biomedical Precinct. In this key position, you will provide high-level scientific expertise and leadership capacity in the specialist area of Molecular Biology with a strong focus on strategies for the discovery, optimization and production of recombinant therapeutic proteins including antibodies and DNA/RNA based therapies.
You will work closely with the Vice President, Research, Bio21 and other CSL colleagues to identify project opportunities, to set project objectives and to determine and implement key scientific and technical strategies.
Reporting to the Vice President, Research, Bio21, you will lead a dedicated team to achieve specified research project goals within defined time parameters.
As a senior-member of our team, you will:
- Conceptualise and scope complex/key programmes and integrated projects balancing scientific demands and business needs.
- Assess and interpret broad research needs i.e. make recommendations and decisions taking into account wider scientific and business environment.
- Create an environment that fosters innovation and calculated risk-taking within the programme team members
- Identify, communicate and plan any resource management issues in collaboration with VP, Research Bio21 to optimise opportunities.
- Maintain and build CSL's research profile within industry contacts (networks).
- Be responsible for resource planning, budgeting and cost centre management.
- Perform Due Diligence assessments of new technology opportunities, new project opportunities and new acquisition opportunities
- Lead and motivate all staff within Molecular Biology
- Identify and train a new leadership within Molecular Biology
- PhD degree or equivalent with over 10 years' experience in relevant industry or academic environments
- Demonstrable experience developing lead drug candidates in either an academic or industry setting
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by presentation and publication of scientific work, actual project work experience, teaching/lecturing in area of expert knowledge
- Experience in project management or project coordination with the ability to manage and work with diverse teams to achieve milestones
- Extensive scientific background in molecular biology
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
Apply now to join Australia's leading biopharmaceutical company! Please include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and an up-to-date CV.
Applications Close on December 22nd 2022
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving medicines, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives through innovation. Learn more about CSL.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL!